You need to own this item to leave a rating.
This is a script that will let you play a series of subtitles in sequence using the new UI hint system, which displays a line of text on the user's viewport. This is good for talking NPC's, karaoke, transcripts, that will let your visitors know what is being said around them without the need for sound recordings.
With this script it is possible to have role playing NPC's that talk to each other, or say random things at random times (using a separate randomizer script), or have a talking NPC quest giver with conversation trees that utilize prompts, or anything else you can imagine.
Some of the features include:
- limit "hearing" by range
- have private subtitles or global
- click to skip lines
- pause subtitles and resume at any time
- display duration calculated by reading speed, or a custom duration
- supports up to 160 lines, 80 characters each, per script
- If there are multiple subtitles playing around the user, the closest one will be seen by the user.
- Forever looping / long running global (concurrent) subtitles can contribute to lag if there are too many of them, unless there is some space between them with timers.
1.0.0 - initial release
1.0.1 - performance improvements
* I allow buyers to resell this script as part of their own products, but not as a standalone script